The Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department, or the LVMPD, is the police department that police officers appearing in Gangstar Vegas work for and serve the city of Las Vegas. The LVMPD dispatches officers when Jason reaches a Wanted Level. Karen mentions that the police are on Frank Veliano's payroll.
If the player gains a Wanted Level by assaulting civilians, officers, or vehicles, steals a vehicle with somebody inside it, trespasses the military base, or does certain missions, the police will arrive and attempt to stop the player. All police officers and vehicles nearby will stalk the player until the player manages to stay out of the red circle shown on the map for long enough or dies. As the Wanted Level increases, the police will use more aggressive tactics to take out the player, including more vehicles types. Ironically, the police never try to arrest anyone but instead try to kill the criminals instead.
The LVMPD owns several different vehicles
- Guardian (upgraded Peccary)
- Eunomia (upgraded W5-GSTR)
- Peltast (modified Mi'kmaq SUV)
- Damocles (Fruitfly-132 helicopter fitted with gun and painted black)
- Ballistae (S.W.A.T. truck)
- Patrol Bike (Police Motorcycle)
- If you are being chased by police on airport you can encounter cops wearing white uniform (wanted lvl 1,2,3,4)
- in missions you can encounter cops wearing black uniform (they can be very rarely encountered on street but that's probably just a bug)
- If you have wanted level 4 and you are chasen around airport you can encounter extremely rare SMG cop with dark red uniform
- if cop spawned without vehicle finds police vehicle with no driver,he will take vehicle